The Elizabeth C. Hanson Scholarship
Support for students pursuing internships with an international orientation
Application Deadline: March 19, 2012
The Elizabeth C. Hanson Scholarship provides up to $1,500 to support students who are pursuing an internship in an international setting or in an organization deeply engaged in international matters. Undergraduates interested in international relations, international political economy, critical global issues, and international culture and institutions are eligible to apply.
1. Applicant must be an undergraduate at UConn in good academic standing.
2. Applicant must hold an offer of an appropriate internship.
3. The internship must be expected to earn a minimum of 3 academic credits and entail at least 126 hours of work.
4. The student must enroll in an internship course prior to undertaking the work.
5. Internships done abroad must form part of an approved UConn study abroad program.
1. Student completes an online application and submits it to the IISP office by the deadline date: March 19, 2012
2. In the application, the student writes a brief essay and provides the details of anticipated expenses, any additional sources of funding for the internship, and any circumstances to be considered. The essay should address the following:
In 500 words or less, please identify the internship program for which you have received an offer and describe your responsibilities at the site. What skills, knowledge and experiences do you hope to gain while on internship? How do these relate to your academic and/or career goals?
Contact for further information: The Individualized & Interdisciplinary Studies Program
Center for Undergraduate Education, Rm. 322, Unit 2151, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06268-215